Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Symbols, Symbols, Symbols!

Ahoy, me hearties! I loved me Valentine's Day! A parrot could get used to eating chocolate and getting presents. But, do you know what me favorite part of Valentine's Day is?-----Knowing that I have great first mates like you! (Tear) Today, I want to take you to the land of Australia. Can you find Australia on the map?
Here's a closer view of it.
I bet you want to know why our merry vessel sailed us here? Well, it all has to do with making ye better map readers. Whenever you look at a map, you'll see little pictures on it, like this one.
These pictures are called symbols. What are the pictures and what are they showing you? Why are these pictures important? Now, use this merry knowledge to learn about how symbols are used in math! Me hearties, you'll soon be captain of this ship if you keep using your noggins like that...but don't tell Captain Moonbeard. He may not like that too much. Fair winds! Sparky the Parrot

No comments:

Post a Comment